I’ll be real honest here and tell you that this episode became personal to me. It is one I’ve wanted to tackle for some time. I know you are thinking, REALLY Lonnie? You care that much about the C-word you need to spend 45 minutes on it. Well yes, I do think it is very important because The C doesn’t stand for what you think it does, It doesn’t even stand for Comedy. (Isn’t that sad) It stand for (C)redits, and apparently you need to have one if you ever want to go anywhere in this industry. What happened to getting somewhere because you were funny?
This episode is about comedy, the industry, the many talented comedians that you never see because business isn’t about laughs per minute it’s about clubs putting a comedian on stage that theoretically puts asses in their seats. Don’t worry; everything I say in this episode isn’t going to burn bridges because I don’t walk across those bridges anyway. Comics like me take the back road to success, and if you are lucky enough you’ll get to see us during our trek but only if you travel the same roads we do.
In this episode:
- He God Blessed me
- Full Grown Autistic Adults are blessed
- America’s Funnies Home Video shows us why the American civilization has had its 15 min of fame.
- Comedians on Facebook
- The comedy industry doesn’t want funny, however, people do.
- The only industry that hasn’t increased its wages with inflation.
- The New Orleans Comedy Arts Festival robbed real comedians of an opportunity.